The healthcare system can be difficult to navigate. That’s where Health Advocate comes in as it provides you with 24/7 access to a healthcare concierge service, at no cost. Available to you and your family members — including parents and parents-in-law — this service can save you time and money.
Personal Health Advocates are highly trained registered nurses backed by a staff of medical directors and administrative experts.
Your Personal Health Advocate Can:
- Resolve insurance claims and billing issues
- Support medical issues, from common to complex
- Answer questions about diagnoses and treatments
- Research the latest treatment options
- Find the right in-network doctors and make appointments
- Research and arrange expert second opinions
Facilitate pre-authorizations and coordinate benefits
- Explain benefits and your share of the costs
Don't Forget to Download the Health Advocate Mobile App!
Free · Convenient · On-the-Go Help
- Check the status of a case in real-time; see your case history
- Send and receive secure messages from your
- Personal Health Advocate
- Submit a billing or claims issue
Health Advocate services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Normal business hours are between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. EST. After hours, and during weekends and holidays, the staff is available to assist with issues that can be handled during non-business hours. You or a covered family member may call Health Advocate as often as needed. There are no limits on the number of times you may call.
The first time you call you’ll speak with a Personal Health Advocate (PHA) who will personally help you with your issue. After obtaining the necessary background information, your PHA, assisted by a staff of medical directors and benefits specialists, will begin working on your question or problem.
Please note: All contact with Health Advocate is strictly confidential.
The Health Advocate Program does not take the place of a plan’s claim and appeal procedures. It is your responsibility to make sure that claims and appeals are filed correctly and in a timely manner.